Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme
New for 2015/16, we are excited to be able to offer the Olevi accredited Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme. The programme is aimed at Teaching Assistants who are, or have the capacity to be outstanding in their roles. The programme runs for 5 consecutive weeks
"The OTAP has raised the profile of the teaching/learning assistant to a position in schools where they are being taken seriously as a profession and valued. It is having a very positive effect on our children’s learning and creating excellent working relationships with other staff members across the school."
Leah Crawley, Headteacher, Burnt Ash Primary School
The programme enables Teaching Assistants to:
- Place a greater emphasis on the purpose and value of the lessons they support
- Raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning
- Use different methods and styles of support to challenge learners
- Innovate and take risks
- Have a bigger impact on planning and assessment
- Demonstrate a higher level of understanding of teaching and learning
- Be able to coach colleagues to raise performance
Wed 02.11.16 Understanding the Role of a TA
Wed 09.11.16 Understanding Me and Others
Wed 16.11.16 Creating Opportunities for Learning
Wed 23.11.16 Maximising Impact
Wed 30.11.16 What is outstanding?
Wed 26.04.17 Understanding the Role of a TA
Wed 03.05.17 Understanding Me and Others
Wed 10.05.17 Creating Opportunities for Learning
Wed 17.05.17 Maximising Impact
Wed 24.05.17 What is outstanding?
Venue: John Taylor High School
Time: 08:45 - 12:15
Price: £425 (£375 for alliance members)
Click here to enquire about this programme.