Aims of the Teaching School
The National Forest Teaching School aims to work inclusively and collaboratively, to secure the best quality teaching and learning for children and young people in the local area through a sustainable model of developing teachers and leaders.
- To recruit and retain outstanding new entrants to the teaching profession , providing them with the highest quality training
- To identify and coordinate expertise from across the alliance , using the best teachers and leaders to provide high quality training and leadership development for staff across the local area in order to support the achievement of excellence in terms of learner outcomes.
- To recruit SLEs across a wide spectrum of subjects, phases and areas of expertise
- To develop capacity and be able to provide high quality support for other schools
- To engage in action research and development that informs and improves pedagogy and professional development across all phases
- To ensure that our most talented people are given leadership opportunities which will strengthen schools and create future capacity.